Auricular acupuncture for musculoskeletal conditions, pain management and related issues
CPD Course, 2 Day: theoretical + practical. Total 23 Hours (GL = 14, Home study = 9). DOWNLOAD INFORMATION
Accreditation: The Acupuncture Society, Accred.Num.: ASCACRC106
Read general information about CPD/Training (price, discount, rules, options). Please note, this is very intensive course that covers a lot of points and practically oriented information.
- History and development of AA
- Auricular Anatomy, Neurology, Pathology
- Health & Safety in AA
- Indications and Contraindications (total, local), Precautions
- Pros and Contras of the AA.
- Different modalities (probes, inserters, different types of needles, pellets, magnets and needling methods, etc). Use of Point Locator.
- More than 60 Major Points: description, location method, indication, characteristics, contraindications
- How to create a treatment for AA, strategies of treatment, evaluation of the treatment’s strategies, planning a treatment course.
- Common protocols for MSK, pain and related conditions (incl. NADA, Battlefield). Consideration to formulate protocols and their application. Examples of Standard protocols for most common MSK conditions, pains, stress.
- Needling techniques. Depth, direction, methods of insertions
- Review of conducted Researches and their results
- Discussion on auricular acupressure and modern development of modalities for treatments using AA
Who can attend
Massage Therapists, Sports Massage Therapist, Osteopaths, Chiropractors, Sports Therapists, Physiotherapists, Acupuncturists, other healthcare professionals and medical doctors, rehabilitation specialists and other healthcare practitioner satisfying requirements for participants
Requirements for participants
- Minimum Level 3 in Anatomy, Pathology and Physiology
- Hold recognised qualification and appropriate insurance for therapies you practise
- Hold an Insurance for acupuncture/microsystems. If you don’t, then you can apply for a Student Insurance in HolisticInsurance (www.holisticinsurance.co.uk). This insurance can be converted into your Practitioner Insurance after successful completion of the course. Also check with your current Insurer if they can provide you a Student insurance for Acupuncture
- Be in good health so you have not any restrictions from participations in this course. If in ANY doubt, consult with your doctor or GP prior applying to this CPD course and inform the course Provider
- Be willing learn and extend you knowledge
- Test: 50 questions including health & safety questions (can be done at home). To do the test, please, follow the link
- 5 Case Studies: 5 persons treated twice (total = 10 treatments)